[mapguide-users] Tiling engine question

Kori Maleski Kori.Maleski at websoftdev.com
Thu Dec 6 14:13:43 EST 2007

George,

The Tiling Engine will grab 1 extra row and column on either side if the
stating and ending row columns are not specified.

The row and column count are determined directly by the bounds of the map
definition as set in Studio, at the smallest scale.  Every subsequent zoom
threshold is tiled based on the initial map width.

There is no way to evaluate whether a tile has no content before generating
it, so the only way of reducing tiles is to manually delete them.  You could
delete all files 2kb and under.  For PNGs files this size are blank and/or
single colour tiles.  You will most likely delete some valid files in this
manner.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski
Senior Application Developer