[mapguide-users] MGE/MGOS 1.2 on .NET 3.5/ASP.NET 3.5

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Fri Dec 21 07:16:23 EST 2007

I think ASP.net, and .net framework 3.5 in general, is deceptive in its
versioning.

Though there is new language features and class libraries, it uses the same
v2.0 CLR (ie. your 3.5 code still compiles to v2.0 IL bytecode)

Also when you install the v3.5 runtime, like v3.0 it will also install the
v2.0 runtime if you don't have it already installed.

...which probably explains why there is no "3.5" version in my IIS asp.net
tab, and why the v3.5 redistributable package is 200MB!

Confused yet? :-D

- Jackie