[mapguide-users] set and zoom to selection

Knight, Gregory Gregory.Knight.bra at cityofboston.gov
Thu Feb 1 12:07:27 EST 2007

I have an application that allows a user to get parcel info for a given
parcel id.  The application flow is much like many of the available
developer samples:

-          Get parcel id from user

-          Return link to parcel

-          User clicks on link to zoom to parcel

-          User can then select parcel to display parcel attributes

This works, but I think there is much more user interaction here than
necessary.  Once I have the parcel id from the user (and I know its
valid), Id like to automatically zoom to that parcel and display the
relevant parcel data in the task pane.  Im a little stumped on how I
might do this, as the examples that illustrate setting active selection,
zooming to active selection, etc - all rely on using page load events /
javascript, XML selection sets, etc - again, all more user interaction
than I'd like.

I'm assuming I can do this with one page (as opposed to 2 or 3) via the
web api - but I cant find any examples.  Can someone point me in the
right direction here?

Many thanks,

Greg

confidential, legally
privileged and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to Massachusetts
law. It is intended
contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.