[mapguide-users] Connecting to Mapguide

Tim Carr ttc at GoColumbiaMO.com
Thu Feb 1 16:37:31 EST 2007

Ok, let me start out by saying I am very new to this and I feel
uneducated for even asking this. But I have a copy of MGOS installed on
the laptop and was able to load the sample package fine and was able to
view it. I am now using Map 2007 and trying to connect to the Mapguide
server that resides on the same lap top. When in the display manager in
Map2007 it asked for the URL to connect to the site. When I type in
http://localhost:8008/ it will not connect. I have tried adding
Mapguide mapguide/admin and every combination that I can think of to
connect to it. I have also tried typing in the IP of the laptop with the
same error of "failed to connect to site." If anyone could please try
and point me in the correct direction I would really appreciate it. I
have tried to read as much as I can about this and a lot of it seems to
be above where my experience resides with this. I am trying to learn but
I am still looking for places to read about the more elementary areas of
the program since this is my first experience with Mapguide of any
version.
Thank you
Tim Carr
City of Columbia