[mapguide-users] Connecting to Mapguide

Tim Carr ttc at GoColumbiaMO.com
Thu Feb 1 17:23:57 EST 2007

Apache and PHP Still open to suggestions though...haha

>>> "Andy Morsell" <amorsell at spatialgis.com> 2/1/2007 4:09 PM >>>
What web server (Microsoft IIS or Apache) are you using and what
version of
the web extensions (.NET, PHP or Java)?

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Tim Carr
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 1:38 PM
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapguide-users] Connecting to Mapguide

Ok, let me start out by saying I am very new to this and I feel
uneducated
for even asking this. But I have a copy of MGOS installed on the laptop
and
was able to load the sample package fine and was able to view it. I am
now
using Map 2007 and trying to connect to the Mapguide server that
resides on
the same lap top. When in the display manager in
Map2007 it asked for the URL to connect to the site. When I type in
http://localhost:8008/ it will not connect. I have tried adding
Mapguide
mapguide/admin and every combination that I can think of to connect to
it. I
have also tried typing in the IP of the laptop with the same error of
"failed to connect to site." If anyone could please try and point me in
the
correct direction I would really appreciate it. I have tried to read as
much
as I can about this and a lot of it seems to be above where my
experience
resides with this. I am trying to learn but I am still looking for
places to
read about the more elementary areas of the program since this is my
first
experience with Mapguide of any version.
Thank you
Tim Carr
City of Columbia
Water and Light