[mapguide-users] text layer with Capital Letter

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Feb 2 00:38:59 EST 2007

Along the lines of funny code comments, this is my favorite.  It is from
OgcWmsService.config.awd

<!-- Hack!- these are guard values in case the Layer.Bounds property
      is not well formed; Studio is offering zero data validation on
      its input via the UI.  Of course, this isn't a perfect solution
      either, but it guards against the most likely cases.  If somebody
      types in a badly-formed <Bounds /> element that isn't EPSG:4326
      then the whole enchilada is serious GIGO. -->

Back on topic, I agree, it would be nice to see support for many more
standard SQL functions in MapGuide or FDO (probably the better place to
handle it).  That was one nice thing about MG 6.5, as long as SQL for
whatever database flavor you were hitting supported it, it generally worked.

Andy

  _____