[mapguide-users] text layer with Capital Letter

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Fri Feb 2 09:50:24 EST 2007

Yeah, that's mine. I didn't feel like implementing geometry operations
for expressions, and they aren't that useful for tooltips, labeling and
theming.

You can also use these expressions in the theme rules (which are
technically attribute filters and are evaluated by MapGuide).

You cannot use them to set a layer filter since that is evaluated by the
FDO provider.

But, you can simulate a layer filter that uses such expression by using
the expression as a theming rule that only turns on the features you
want.

MapGuide may not be the best place to do this, but right now the FDO
providers don't have the same capabilities in terms of expressions, so
evaluating them in MapGuide ensures consistent results across providers.
If it will make you feel better, the SDF provider uses the same, but
slightly older version for evaluating attribute filters and computed
identifiers. I think it may even support geometry :-).

Traian

  _____