[mapguide-users] Reading data in real time?

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Wed Feb 14 08:13:33 EST 2007

If I had a database that was constantly being updated (say every 1
second) with data, and I had made a themed layer for that data, would
MapGuide handle the refreshing of the layers on it's own? Would it see
that the data has changed, and then force that layer to refresh from the
database, or would I have to write something to refresh every few
seconds? We're not really talking about a lot of data here, really -
just maybe 100 geographic points, with 1 number each point (which would
be themed based on the range that that number falls in)......

Andrew

--
	*Andrew DeMerchant*
*Computer Technologist*