[mapguide-users] Installing Gentoo 2006.1 and MapGuide v1.1.0.301

Chris Gountanis cgountanis at mpower-tech.com
Wed Feb 14 12:07:31 EST 2007

After playing with this technology on Linux for a few days, I finally got
things working on an Intel based P4 2.0 with 512MB of memory. I offer this
manual as a supplement or a proven path to get MGOS running on Linux. Feel
free to post this on the OSGEO site as a backup source if you feel inclined.

Needed files:
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/downloads.html#MapGuideOpenSource110

mapguide-1.1.0.tar.gz
mapguideaptinstaller-1.1.0.tar.gz

Feature Data Objects 3.2.0
Download the needed http://fdo.osgeo.org/downloads.html. I grabbed all of
them except for the ArcSDE for the examples.

Regards,
Chris