[mapguide-users] Accessing views/queries in MS Access

Campbell, Keith A keith.campbell at atkinsglobal.com
Mon Feb 19 09:47:46 EST 2007

You cannot access views in any database with MapGuide Open Source or Enterprise as you could in the old MapGuide 6.x, etc. This is a big shortcoming in my opinion, but I believe there may be support for them in future.

As a workaround, we have data in SQL Server linked to SDF files in an MGOS implementation - we use stored procedures in SQL Server to create/update tables instead of using views. This approach may be difficult in other situations depending on how your overall application is structured.

Regards,

Keith