[mapguide-users] Configure Raster using th GDAL FDO provider

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 21 11:17:30 EST 2007

Bjurström Jan wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is there a help somewhere for configuring raster using the GDAL?
> I have Tiff files georeferenced for ArcGIS (.tif  .tfw  .aux)
>
> Im using MGOS 1.1.0 with updated GRFP dll's,
> and the Studio with the patch dll copied to it.

Janne,

To the best of my knowledge the only public documentation on how to
configure the GDAL raster provider is the brief note at the bottom of:

   http://fdo.osgeo.org/fdogdal/index.html

It notes that you should set the DefaultRasterFileLocation property
for the connection to refer to the raster file you wish to use, or
to point to a directory with a bunch of files.

Generally speaking GDAL will utilize .tfw's or .aux files associated
with TIFF files; however, the raster provider is based on GDAL 1.3.1
which lacks a variety of more recent improvements to the .aux handling.

Did you have some specific question(s)?

Best regards,