[mapguide-users] RE: RE: RE: ODBC Provider with SQL Server 2005:Doesit worksfor somebody?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Feb 21 22:59:07 EST 2007

Heh.  Interesting.  As part of my job I manage the systems side of a fire CAD/RMS system covering central Vancouver Island.  I'm trying to move that responsibility off to someone else, but for the time being I'm still in the game :)

I'd also be interested in knowing how the GPS data is getting back to your database from the vehicles.  Is it populated by a vehicle-side app (mobile CAD?)

We're implementing mobile CAD, and our cellular modems have GPS, but we're not leveraging it as part of this rollout.  I'd be more inclined to write an app that reports position to a web service than to pay for an app that monitors / reports.

Jason

________________________________

From: Brad Nesom
Subject: RE: [mapguide-users] RE: RE: RE: ODBC Provider with SQL Server 2005:Doesit worksfor somebody?

Ok,
  the CAD is Computer aided dispatch. probably most of us thought you meant
computer aided drafting. That's ok it's still interesting to me. I don't
really need to see it or the data. just descriptions of what you did to make
the data flow work and are you displaying the points from sql serv? You have
gps data streaming into your cad via ? you load it into standard db tables
or sde? Then your screen update is done how?

BTW I would appreciate a contact offline. I am with a four county 911
agency.
bnesomatacogokdotorg
thanks