[mapguide-users] transparency and gdal again

robert fritz robert-fritz at web.de
Thu Feb 22 05:30:52 EST 2007

Hello,

I have looked up the mailing list archive but I did not find a sufficient answer to these questions:

1) I have 2 colored black-white raster images (Geotiff, Group 4 Fax Encoding) and tried to set the background color to "transparent" or "backgroundcolor of the map window" in MapGuide Studio, but the images are still shown not transparent. Do I something wrong or does the GDAL driver not support transparency up to now? (GDAL works very fine in Mapserver - transparency and performance).

2) There is no functionality (in Studio) to set transparency for a color in multi-color images (as in Mapserver)? Do I have to create transparency using PhotoShop or something else?

Regards, Robert