[mapguide-users] RE: polyline layer from ODBC data feature

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Mon Feb 26 11:05:13 EST 2007

Although In theory I understand roughly what is involved I have never
tried doing this.

Basically you have to create the POLYLINE XY(x1 y1,x2 y2, xn yn)
definitions and endcode them into the appropriate data type in a table
in SQLServer. I've never done this. You can't read this definition (at
least with MapGuide)using ODBC and without the SQLServer provider in
MGOS you won't be able to read them.

At this point unless one of the developers has any extra insight I can't
really provide any more answers. It might be possible to modify the ODBC
provider to read a POLYLINE WKT format rather than just POINT data.

Regards,
Dave