[mapguide-users] Bug in Firefox? after onclick event mapviewer go up. (Digitalizing and Readlining function)

Adrià amptarraco at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:00:29 EST 2007

The problem here is how Firefox handles the focus event. If you have a look a
the StartDigitizing() function in ajaxmappane.templ you will notice that at
the end of the function a line like this:

document.getElementById("KeyTarget").focus();

This ensures that the input "KeyTarget" captures the key pressed by the
user. It seems that FF forces a minimum height when focusing this input.

What worked for me was making it invisible, but only in non IE browsers (IE
6 doesn't allow focus on hidden objects). For instance, in the
InitDocument() function you could use something like:

    if(!msie)  document.getElementById("KeyTarget").style.display = "none";

Hope this helps
(Maybe this should be considered a bug?)