[Mapguide_users] FW: Remove layers at runtime

Buscher, Shane Shane.Buscher at nngco.com
Tue Jan 9 17:48:50 EST 2007

I've run into issues with removing all layers from the map at runtime.
See the code snippet below.  All the layers get removed from the
layerCollection, but the layers still display.  I've successfully used
the same code to insert layers, except I execute the
layerCollection.Insert(index, layer) method.  I don't know why the same
code wouldn't work for clearing layers.

I have multiple layers stored in a library repository that users need to
add and remove at runtime.  Do I need to copy each layer in indvidual
session repositories to add and reomove them?  If I don't, will one user
adding/removing layers affect other user sessions?  I know this is the
case when you edit data, but these layers are view only.

'Connect to site server, set resource service, and open map
ConnectToMapGuide()

'Clear all layers in the map
Dim layerCollection As MgLayerCollection = map.GetLayers()
If layerCollection.GetCount > 0 Then
  layerCollection.Clear()
End If

map.Save(resourceService)

'emit javascript to refresh map
Dim scriptKey As String = "ForceRefresh"

If Not Page.ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered(Me.GetType,
scriptKey) Then
  Dim javaScript As String = "refreshMap(" & MapAction.RefreshMap & ");"
  Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType, scriptKey,
javaScript, True)
End If

Regards,

Shane

Operations IT
Northern Natural Gas
402.398.7841

We think in generalities, but live in detail.
-Alred North Whitehead