[mapguide-users] MGOS as WMS server and EPSG/WKT problem?

robert fritz robert-fritz at web.de
Fri Jan 12 10:26:01 EST 2007

Hello,

It took me a few hours to configure MGE as an WMS server - but I do not want to complain, now it works.
I transfered the data to MG OS and now I 've got new problems.
As I have read, MGOS uses a different coordinate system library. It was clear to me that I have to modify the OgCWmsService.config.awd file again.
But it does not work!
In the WebTierTest GUI of the mapagent (localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html) I used the "ConvertEpsgCodeToWkt" function to get the WKT String for my local coordinate system (EPSG:31466) and inserted the string in "OgCWmsService.config.awd" (yes, and I restartet the server).
Starting an getMapRequest I get the message:

<ServiceException code="InvalidCRS">
  The coordinate system is invalid.
  Could not parse the OGC WKT.<details>The coordinate system is invalid. "PROJCS["DHDN / Gauss-Kruger zone

  If I take the WKT String from the Error-Message and put it in the "ConvertWktToCoordinateSystemCode" it is parsed, but the there is now a different epsg code: EPSG:31462. If I modify the EPSG Code in my  OgCWmsService.config.awd file (from 31466 to 31462) I get this:

  The spatial reference system specified is not supported. (Found SRS=EPSG:31462)

Where do I get a valid WKS String for DHDN.Gauss3d-2 / EPSG:31466? I 've got for MGE, I need it for MGOS.

 I 'm using server version 1.0.2

 regards
 robert