[mapguide-users] MG Session

Knight, Gregory Gregory.Knight.bra at cityofboston.gov
Fri Jan 12 15:42:20 EST 2007

I have a MGOS 1.0.x parcel viewing application that (among other things)
allows a user to input a parcel id and get back a map (via zoom to) and
a parcel report (in the task pane).  The parcel report includes relevant
zoning districts/overlays which is determined thru a number of spatial
filters.  I am finding that there are other uses within the city where
users need to determine zoning based on parcel id.    I am wondering if
there is a way to expose the functionality I have built with MGOS to
other applications (preferably via web services - but even a url with a
query string would do).

I recall a recent thread on session state - and suspect that because
mapguide requires a session be established - that this may be tricky.

Am I correct in my assumption regarding session?  Is there some way I
can work around this requirement?

Any advice is appreciated.

Greg

confidential, legally
privileged and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to Massachusetts
law. It is intended
contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.