[mapguide-users] RE: [Mapguide_users] FW: Remove layers at runtime

Buscher, Shane Shane.Buscher at nngco.com
Mon Jan 15 14:41:46 EST 2007

Trevor,

I am not using tile layers, so we can rule that out.

I did some tracing with Fiddler, but don't see any GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAY
requests generated when adding or removing layers.  I do see a
GETMAPUPDATE request though, as indicated below.  Hopefully I'm using
this tool correctly...

= BODY ====

            OPERATION=GETMAPUPDATE

            VERSION=1.0

            SESSION=a00f84fc-ffff-ffff-8000-00c09f545772_en

            MAPNAME=ValveTracker

            SEQNO=4

            DWFVERSION=6.01

            EMAPVERSION=1.0

            SETVIEWCENTERX=

            SETVIEWCENTERY=

            SETVIEWSCALE=

            SETDATAEXTENT=

            SETDISPLAYDPI=

            SHOWLAYERS=

            HIDELAYERS=

            SHOWGROUPS=

            HIDEGROUPS=

            REFRESHLAYERS=

So here's the deal that I'm seeing.  Since layers only get truly removed
when I'm outside their map extent, I'm forced to pan/zoom to check if
they get removed.  I noticed that in addition to the GETMAPUPDATE
request, a SETDATAEXTENT request occurs when panning/zooming:

= BODY ====

            OPERATION=GETMAPUPDATE

            VERSION=1.0

            SESSION=566b7e04-0000-1000-8002-00c09f545772_en

            MAPNAME=ValveTracker

            SEQNO=8

            DWFVERSION=6.01

            EMAPVERSION=1.0

            SETVIEWCENTERX=-0.36343368150266142

            SETVIEWCENTERY=10.30699821218915

            SETVIEWSCALE=273.01327740352997

SETDATAEXTENT=-27.812650640092706,-5.6930033069966921,27.085783224455135
,26.306998693000587

            SETDISPLAYDPI=

            SHOWLAYERS=

            HIDELAYERS=

            SHOWGROUPS=

            HIDEGROUPS=

            REFRESHLAYERS=

I think the SETDATAEXTENT is doing something to make this work.  Note
that I'm also noticing when I'm removing layers within my map extent,
then perform pan/zoom operations the layers I'm trying to remove
sometimes leave artifacts (layers are partially removed).

Let me know if I can help out any more.  I'd really like to get this
working.

Regards,

Shane