[mapguide-users] Do I need to use Root to install everything?

Markt mark.tang at thespothk.com
Sat Jul 7 11:42:14 EDT 2007

Dear All,

I have installed the MGOS and use root for all procedure. It just installed
and I click to http://10.211.55.20:8008/mapguide/mapagent/, try to GetMap,
finally it prompted the error:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi on this
server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.55 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 Server at 10.211.55.20 Port
8008

Why? And What roles in linux I should use for installation? Thanks

Regards,
Mark