[mapguide-users] How can we make the changes stored in the map in programming methods ?

David Hequet david.hequet at free.fr
Mon Jul 9 09:08:52 EDT 2007

To make changes permanent you have to work in Library repository insteed of
Session repository,
here is a php sample, after a modification, we save the layer :

IN SESSION:
// modification here..
$byteSource = new MgByteSource($layerDefinition,strlen($layerDefinition));
$byteSource->SetMimeType(MgMimeType::Xml);
$resourceID = new
MgResourceIdentifier("Session:$mgSessionId//$layerName.LayerDefinition");
$resourceService->SetResource($resourceID,$byteSource->GetReader(), null);

PERMANENT:
// modification here...
$byteSource = new MgByteSource($layerDefinition, strlen($layerDefinition));
$byteSource->SetMimeType(MgMimeType::Xml);
$resourceId =new
MgResourceIdentifier("Library://LayerName.LayerDefinition");
$resourceService->SetResource($resourceId, $byteSource->GetReader(), null);

Just do it :)