[mapguide-users] Error when testing Map Agent and Web Server Extensions

jamesdudden jamesdudden at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 11:42:49 EDT 2007

Hi
I am running Windows XP with IIS 5.0. I recently installed MG Server and MG
Server Extensions using PHP, a custom IIS config and a typical setup. With a
little tweaking i got the tests working. Now I have decided to use .NET so
have uninstalled everything, installed ASP.NET 2.05 (as required) and
reinstalled the server and extensions as before except choosing .NET
instead. Now when testing, the Site Admin is ok, but the MapAgent and Server
Extensions throw up this message:

Cannot establish connection.
Cannot establish connection. Exception occurred in method
MgServerConnection.Open at line 95 in file .\Services\ServerConnection.cpp

I have been through the installing MG on Windows guide and checked all of
the criteria including directory structure and the viewer properties etc. I
have also searched the forum and found a couple of posts relating to this
but no fix. One post recommended checking that the Server was started in the
System/Services which I have done.

I hope there is enough information here and would gladly appreciate any help
or advice.

Thanks in advance
JD - software-matters