[mapguide-users] Displaying properties for dynamically created features

passionlessDrone ScottB at talgov.com
Wed Jul 18 11:12:06 EDT 2007

Hello friends -

I'm having difficulties getting the properties panel to populate for
features that I am creating on the fly.  I took a look at a layer definition
exported out of MapGuide that will populate the properties panel, and
compared it to the layer definition of my dynamically created layer.  The
MapGuide generated layer has this type of fragment included:

<PropertyMapping>
      <Name>ADMINISTRATIVEAREA</Name>
      <Value>ADMINISTRATIVEAREA</Value>
    </PropertyMapping>
    <PropertyMapping>
      <Name>FACILITYID</Name>
      <Value>FACILITYID</Value>
    </PropertyMapping>

Which is not evident in my layer definition.  These values seem to map to
the properties that do display in the properties panel.

I took a look at the MgDataPropertyDefinition class definition, but am not
seeing anything to make particular properties visible at addition time.  My
features do have properties set, I am able to label against them.

I have the feeling this is something simple that I am missing.  Can anyone
help?

Thanks!
-pD