[mapguide-users] Introducing Fusion ...

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:48:39 EDT 2007

Thanks Haris,

The UserManager.php is not actually used in Fusion at this point, it
was used in a separate project and left in there more-or-less by
mistake.  We created the UserManager to handle additional user
metadata that cannot be captured in the MapGuide authentication
system.  It was designed to work in conjunction with the MapGuide
user/group system so creating a user in this system would also create
the associated MgUser as well.

Ideally, we would be able to fold this capability back into MapGuide
by being able to attach generic metadata to a user, but I haven't
brought that idea up with the developers yet ;)

Thanks for the bug fix too!

Cheers

Paul