[mapguide-users] Symbols rotation and colors

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Jul 27 08:41:15 EDT 2007

You can load/save the LayerDefinition Xml from the server, using
GetResource/SetResource.
You must load the layer, "theme" it, and save it back (possibly into the
session repository).
If you save the map into the session repository, you must also update
the map, but using
the runtime map (ea., using MgMap.Open(...)).

Using theming, you can assign different colors to each object, for
instance based on
their id. If you are not used to theming, consider it a set of ordered
rules, that determine how
the object is rendered.

You should try to create a layer, and theme it, using Studio (not sure
WebStudio supports it).
Once created, use the "Save as Xml..." or the GetResource call to get an
example of
how the theming is constructed within the Xml.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S