[mapguide-users] Transfer Shp data in Postgresql Database

Rahul unicorn_admirer at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 00:19:10 EDT 2007

Hi,
     First of all you have to create a spatial database using the postgis template-template_postgis(PostgreSQL 8.2) and then load shapefile using shp2pgsql tool with pertinent info.

  Cheers
  Max !!

Dhirendra Kumar <dhirendra.mgos at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I want to transfer SHP file data in Postgresql Database. But i get confused
because i have three database in Postgresql. First i'll have to create any
spatial table in database for shp data or it will create automatically when
we use shp2pgsql tool ? Anyone have idea than help me. Thankyou in Advance.

Regards,

Dhirendra kumar