[mapguide-users] MG v1.1.0 Install on Win XP Problem

Mark Pendergraft markp at Meadgilman.com
Mon Jul 30 16:24:42 EDT 2007

Bob,

I had this exact problem on my computer.. can't remember how I fixed it
though...

I would suggest downloading the file (in the MS support link) running
the command, and then rebooting the system.

From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Bob Sisco
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 12:06 PM
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapguide-users] MG v1.1.0 Install on Win XP Problem

I'm sure someone has encounter something like this.  I could use some
installation help.

We have version 1.02 running on our server, but then decided to test out
the newer versions for MG server on some test computers, which are all
Win XP Pro.  I have installed IIS v5.1 on them and installed MG 1.1.0.
Everything seems to work OK until I install the sample data.  I'm able
to log into the server remotely to view the web studio & the site admin,
trying the view the sample data remotely causes an error.

The next step was trying the view the data, via web browser, from the
server computer.  This is what I get for an error (listed below):

Server Error in '/mapguide' Application.

________________________________

Failed to access IIS metabase.

Exception Details: System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironmentException:
Failed to access IIS metabase.

The process account used to run ASP.NET must have read access to the IIS
metabase (e.g. IIS://servername/W3SVC). For information on modifying
metabase permissions, please see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267904.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

Stack Trace:

[HostingEnvironmentException: Failed to access IIS metabase.]
   System.Web.Configuration.MetabaseServerConfig.MapPathCaching(String
siteID, VirtualPath path) +3609834

System.Web.Configuration.MetabaseServerConfig.System.Web.Configuration.I
ConfigMapPath2.MapPath(String siteID, VirtualPath vpath) +9
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean permitNull) +169
   System.Web.CachedPathData.GetConfigPathData(String configPath) +382
   System.Web.CachedPathData.GetConfigPathData(String configPath) +243
   System.Web.CachedPathData.GetApplicationPathData() +68
   System.Web.CachedPathData.GetVirtualPathData(VirtualPath virtualPath,
Boolean permitPathsOutsideApp) +3503459

System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetLKGRuntimeConfig(VirtualPath
path) +189

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

What am I doing wrong?   (Thanks for the help)