[mapguide-users] Solve problem MySQL Polygon Selection

Rahul unicorn_admirer at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 06:44:49 EDT 2007

Hi,
      OracleXE is free to download ,you can check on oracle website,Regarding the slowness its nothing to do with PostGIS Database as i already used some other webGIS solutions and no problem regarding selection or anything ,may be something to do with OGR Provider(No Idea) may be better clarification required from Tarain or Kenneth.

  I think you try with SDF and 20 layers are not important ,the important thing is data size and if you follow the "Guide--implementing best practises using the MapGuide",i think u can work with 20 layers,just try to work through with SDF if you have no customer limitations regarding the Database.

  Cheers
  Max !!

Dhirendra Kumar <dhirendra.mgos at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Rahul,

Thankyou for suggestion. I want to use free database i have not idea about
OracleXE, it is free or not ? but i already test PostGIS. PostGIS is slow in
compare of MySQL. In PostGIS when i select one polygon then polygon higlight
after few second on my local machine. Any method to increase PostGIS
performence ? 20 layers in my project so i think SQLite will be not good for
this project. help me. Thankyou in Advance.

Regards,

Dhirendrs Kumar