[mapguide-users] Multiple Projects

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Fri Jun 1 11:16:49 EDT 2007

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 01:26:57 -0700, Andre Schoonbee <andresch at iway.na>
wrote:

> I want to develop various map project on the same PC, but each will
> needs to be deployed separately. By simply copying the
> ../server/repository environment, I will be copying everything.
>
> How can I create an environment for each mapping project?

You shouldn't copy the repository. You can create a package that includes
your entire repository or any selected portion of it. The package is
simply a ZIP archive (with a file extension of .mgp) of the various
resources from the repository along with all the config files needed to
deploy it on a different server. You copy that single file to the other
server, use MapGuide Site Administrator to load it, and you're in
business. It is much easier than the headaches you're likely to encounter
with copying the ../server/repository tree.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.