[mapguide-users] Need help with one specific function

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Mon Jun 4 02:52:42 EDT 2007

Hi all.

I'm trying to set up a php based task in Taskpane frame, where users could
insert object into the map (to be exact, to insert new objects into MySQL
map layer). So far I made input fields to select all properties of new
object. What I'm not sure how to do is how will the users enter X and Y
coordinates of an object. I know that I can make X and Y input fields, and
then save it all to database, but I know there must be some better way. On
of ideas is to make Right-click action , for example "Enter coordinates"
which would pass X and Y coordinates from MapFrame to input fields in
TaskPane, but I'm not sure what would be right procedure to achieve this.

1. To write javascript function which would pick up the coordinates
2. To write new php script which would format the coordinates, and pass them
to taskpane
3. To add this function to right-click menu on the map

Am I on right track, or this should be done differently ?