[mapguide-users] Programmatic Layer Manipulations with Filters and Postgres / Postgis

nicholda nicholda at talgov.com
Fri Jun 8 11:32:03 EDT 2007

Hello friends -

I am pulling my hair out trying to manipulate a filter to create a new layer
on the fly using Enterprise MapGuide on top of PostGIS/Postgres.

I feel pretty good about my layer .xml definition; if I leave the filter
component out completely my new layer shows every point or line on the layer
I am trying to discirminate against; so I'm pointing to the right place.
However, no matter what combination of text I try to add when manipulating
the filter text using DOM I always get a blank layer.  No filter; every
point.  Any other filter, no points.

Has anyone performed this operation successfully?  Any insight is greatly
appreciated!

- david