[mapguide-users] Service cannot be started

Kneo kalpesh at pie-solution.com
Mon Jun 11 06:28:39 EDT 2007

Hi,
We have been facing a strange problem on Windows 2003 lately. All of a
sudden, the MapGuide service stopped and when we tried to restart it, it
says, 'Service starts and then  stopped'. We browsed through nabble posts,
and rechecked all the paths in serverconfig.ini.

As the next step, we repaired the MGOS 1.0.2 installation and the service
started working again. But as our repository is on another drive, we stopped
the service, changed the paths in serverconfig.ini and tried starting the
service again, but this time it doesn't start and throws the same error. The
error message constantly refers to MgRepositoryLibrary, so maybe the problem
is with the library.

We restored the old backups and now things are back to normal, but the
service keeps shutting down intermittently. Can library corruption be the
issue ? Our library size is more than 600 Mb. Also, the logs dont say much,
it just says Unclassified exception occurred. Any help would be appreciated.