[mapguide-users] FDO PostGIS provider. Was: OGR Provider

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Jun 13 17:23:32 EDT 2007

The current build is somewhat transitory, meaning I'm not sure what
features are in it.  I'm expecting Mateusz to post a new build sometime
in the next day that is a bit more feature-complete.

A couple things to be aware of:

- It requires the MSVC++ SP1 Redistributable to be installed on your
computer (for Map) or the server (for MapGuide):
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-
4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en>

- The PostgreSQL bin directory either needs to be in the path before any
other version of libpq.dll and any of its dependancies (the ssl stuff
was a problem for me) or the files from bin need to be copied into the
FDO directory (bit of a hack to say the least).  For MapGuide, this
needs to be the System path, not the user path, because the server runs
as local service.

You could also download and compile the most recent version yourself
from SVN :)

http://svn.osgeo.org/fdo/trunk/Providers/PostGIS/

I haven't tried this yet myself.

Jason