[mapguide-users] RE: OGR Provider

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Jun 14 12:10:58 EDT 2007

Hi Larry,

The fdopostgis provider will include insert/update/delete operations.
It will also support things like ApplySchema, basic transactions, and
some specific PostGIS optimisations for fast feature queries.

It's being developed for Windows first (because that was the client - me
- requirement) but Linux support will certainly be important to the
future of this provider.  If there are any volunteers to work on this,
I'm certain they'd be welcome once the provider is feature-complete.

Jason