[mapguide-users] Multiple URLs

Atika Sultan asultan555 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 08:03:31 EDT 2007

>From: "James Card" <James.Card at calcad.com>
>To: "MapGuide Users Mail List" <mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org>
>Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] Multiple URLs
>Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:00:54 -0700
>
>On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:54:28 -0700, Atika Sultan <asultan555 at hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Can i some how activate multiple URL's which i retrieved from ODBC data
>>source against one feature point... i want to open all of the URLs in
>>different windows...i have no problem working with one URL . it works
>>perfectly fine with Ctr-click but rest of the them are visible in the
>>properties pane but they don't work.
>
>You could make the link URLs in the properties pane into clickable links
>if you can edit the values in the database. Just add the link code to each
>value in the field. For example, instead of storing "http://server/page"
>store the values as <a href="http://server/page"
>target="_blank">http://server/page</a>. This would probably be easiest to
>do by creating a view, now that MapGuide OS supports views in ODBC
>connections.
>
>That is the approach we used for <URL: http://demos2.calcad.com/RABA/ >.
>
>--
>James Card
>209-578-5580

thanks a lot for your help...your demo is quite intresting..in my case when
a select a feature point all the realted properties appear in the properties
pane & all of them seem to clickable links ... i mean that hand symbol
represting URL apper if a hooverover any of the property but none really
opens it ... i tried your approach also but the result is the same .... i
think i am missing something really basic