[mapguide-users] Suggestion for better performance (maybe for 1.3)

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Fri Jun 22 08:54:43 EDT 2007

When I looked at Google Maps or Mireo's showroom
(http://206.222.26.154/GElin/GelinShowRoom.html), it always seemed that it
works faster than MGOS, but now I think I know how they did it. Maybe
developers of MGOS can achieve this with MGOS:

It seems that their Map Server loads in background area around visible on
screen, and makes a "cache". So, when you pan around area visible on the
screen, it loads immediately. Effect of such behavior is that everything
looks much faster.

So, this is suggestion for developers: when the map loads everything what
was requested from user, it could continue loading area around visible (for
example, 50% on each side). I don't know if this is possible with MGOS, but
for sure it would have great impact on overall performance.