[mapguide-users] MGOS start?

Markt mark.tang at thespothk.com
Wed Jun 27 06:11:41 EDT 2007

I just installed the MGOS to my Fedora Core 6 box; also webserver extension
was installed. I do not know how to make configuration! I try to start the
mapguide as below:

[root at localhost bin]# ./mgserver.sh
/usr/local/mapguideopensource/server/bin
/usr/local/mapguideopensource/server/bin
Running the server interactively as an application instead of as a service.

(2294|3086104992) Server starting...
(2294|3086104992) PROJ4 Coordinate System Library
(2294|3086104992) Server started.

It seems it running now!
But I tried to go http://localhost:8008, it is ok; the apache is running!
And I tried to go http://localhost:8008/mapguide/index.html, No page! I
check the ../mapguide/ directory, there have no index.html!
[root at localhost www]# ls
localized  mapagent       mapviewerphp  schemareport  TempDir
webconfig.ini
mapadmin   mapviewerjava  Resources     stdicons      viewerfiles  WEB-INF
[root at localhost www]#
And I tried to go
http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=ENUMERATERESOURCES&SOURCES&VERSION=1.0&RESOURCED=Library://
, it prompt the file to save (mapagent.fcgi).

The server seems it do not make properly the configuration! I only added the
alias for the path (mapguide) into the httpd.conf. And I tried to open some
.php file, it shows all php code.

How do I know, it installed properly? or I have some configuration I do not
yet to make?

Thanks :-/