[mapguide-users] MAPNAME & Map.Open

Mark Pendergraft markp at Meadgilman.com
Wed Jun 27 22:56:25 EDT 2007

I'm hoping that someone can help me with a few questions:

1)  How are people passing the MAPNAME variable to their application
pages?   I understand that you can use the javascript function
parent.parent.mapframe.getmapname, however, I am unsure how to retain
the value from this.  How do I transfer this variable to my asp.net
page.

2)  I am unable to open a Map at all.  Every app I have made so far
creates a map.  My code thus far:

<!-- #Include File="../UtilityFunctions.aspx" -->

<script runat="server">

    Private webLayout As String =
"Library://Kroll/Layout/MGAJobMapLayout.WebLayout"

    Private MapDef As String = "Library://Kroll/Map/MGA.MapDefinition"

    Private defaultUser As String = "Anonymous"

    Private defaultPassword As String = ""

    Private sessionId As String = ""

</script>

<%

    Try

        InitializeWebTier()

        Dim SessionId As String = GetRequestParameters("SESSION")

        Dim UserInfo As New MgUserInformation(defaultUser,
defaultPassword)

        Dim site As New MgSite()

        site.Open(UserInfo)

        'for testing purposes only

        If SessionId = "" Then site.CreateSession()

        'for testing purposes only

        Dim ResourceService As OSGeo.MapGuide.MgResourceService

        Dim siteconnection As New MgSiteConnection

        siteconnection.Open(UserInfo)

        ResourceService =
siteconnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService)

        Dim MapDefId As New MgResourceIdentifier(MapDef)

        Dim MapName As String = MapDefId.Name

        Dim Map As New MgMap(siteconnection)

        Map.Open(ResourceService, MapName)

        Dim srs As String = Map.GetMapSRS

        Response.Write("Map <strong>" + Map.GetName + "</strong> uses

        Dim MapLayers As MgLayerCollection

        MapLayers = Map.GetLayers

        Dim Layer As MgLayer

        For Each Layer In MapLayers

            Response.Write(Layer.Name + "</br>")

        Next

    Catch ex As Exception

        Response.Write(ex.Message)

        Response.Write(ex.StackTrace)

    End Try

%>

This code errors out at Map.Open everytime