[mapguide-users] mgos 1.1.0 fc6 problem

Bogdan Modzelewski Bogdan.Modzelewski at procad.pl
Fri Mar 2 06:01:46 EST 2007

Hello everybody,

We have a problem with MGOS running on Fedora Core 6 linux distribution.

After converting our application developed on Windows version of MGOS,
we encounter a strange MG behaviour, including segfaults.
All standard map operations (moving, zooming, selecting features on shp
layers etc.) works as expected. But as soon as we try to
select dynamically added object (position and size is taken from
database and then we render a symbol by php mg api) server stops responding.
Symbol adding works as expected, but we can't select it because of that
strange behaviour. On a windows version MGOS (installed from binary
distribution)
there is no such a problems.

So to check it out we started a MG in interactive mode.

First we got such an exception:

The value cannot be less than or equal to zero.
Exception occurred in method
MgServerRenderingService.RenderDynamicOverlay at line 233 in file
ServerRenderingService.cpp

But it looks like an other error that have nothing to do with our
problems, but then after selecting an object on a map we've got:

./mgserver.sh: line 7:  2765 Floating point exception./mgserver /interactive
/usr/local/mapguideopensource/server/bin

and server has been killed.

So, what's going on here? It looks that there is a problem with a MG
code, am I right?

Best Regards,

Bogdan Modzelewski