[mapguide-users] try to update SDF FeatureSource...my code don'twork.

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Mar 2 11:37:08 EST 2007

Maciek wrote:
--------------
i try update SDF FeatureSource (Roads name of Samples/Sheboygan data
form MGOS download page) whithout any results
--------------

This may be the same problem that we were having earlier this week.

When SDF files are initially added to the repository, their ReadOnly
flag (or something like that) is set to TRUE.  This needs to be modified
using the pages installed on your MapGuide server under
/mapguide/mapagent/index.html

First, do a GetResourceContent, specifying
Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Data/RoadCenterLines.FeatureSource as your
ResourceID

This will give you an XML representation of your data connection's
definition.  View the source of this page, copy it into a text editor
and modify the following section:

  <Parameter>
    <Name>ReadOnly</Name>
    <Value>TRUE</Value>
  </Parameter>

replacing TRUE with FALSE.

Save this file to your local computer.

Now go back to the mapagent forms, and open the SetResource form.  In
this form, specify your ResourceID
(Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Data/RoadCenterLines.FeatureSource) and
browsing to the location of your saved XML file in the Content section.
You do not need to fill in the Header area.

Once this is submitted, you should be able to modify your SDF file.

Jason