[mapguide-users] Converting SRS on the fly

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 22:00:26 EST 2007

I am using the GT markup sample but I am saving a new layer in LL84 on a map
that is in BC Albers. There must be some conversion happening on the fly,
because the markup on the map shows up.

However, when I extract the geometries to a pop up window, they are in
lat/lon. This window make links that zoom to the coordinates, but this
doesn't work as the coordinates for lat/lon are different than BC Albers.

I have tried changing the following line in the GT sample:

$sdfParams = new MgCreateSdfParams('LL84', MarkupManager::LL84WKT,
$markupSchema);

to these two lines
$WKT =  $map->GetMapSRS();
$sdfParams = new MgCreateSdfParams('BC_Albers', $WKT, $markupSchema);

However, it still saves in lat / lon.

Is there a way to do this conversion on the fly, that is, programmatically?
The application does it somehow. Alternatively, how would I save the new
layer as BC Albers?

Thanks