[mapguide-users] lines over maps

GM_Mizar giampiero.massa at torino.miz.it
Fri Mar 2 04:10:15 EST 2007

still here with my problem, but I have news....

I understood why I couldn't get the class definition, the
roadLayer.GetFeatureClassName() returns the entire class name with schema
but the GetClassDefinition method only want the class...

I also understood that I cannot use an ODBC data feature because it only
supports points.

I've used an empty shape file (created for polylines) and I've created a
data feature with name GP. I've also created a layer with name "ROADS_SHP"
that uses this data feature, in map studio I've defined the line style (red
and very thick).

Now, in my web page I define the new line using these lines of code:

MgPropertyCollection propertyCollection = new MgPropertyCollection();
MgInt32Property roadIdProperty = new MgInt32Property("FeatId", roadId);
propertyCollection.Add(roadIdProperty);

MgWktReaderWriter wktReaderWriter = new MgWktReaderWriter();
MgAgfReaderWriter agfReaderWriter = new MgAgfReaderWriter();

MgGeometry geometry = wktReaderWriter.Read("LINESTRING XY (1510743 5040034
1510909 5040338)");
MgByteReader geometryByteReader = agfReaderWriter.Write(geometry);
MgGeometryProperty geometryProperty = new MgGeometryProperty("Geometry",
geometryByteReader);
propertyCollection.Add(geometryProperty);

MgBatchPropertyCollection batchPropertyCollection = new
MgBatchPropertyCollection();
batchPropertyCollection.Add(propertyCollection);

MgInsertFeatures cmd = new MgInsertFeatures("GP", batchPropertyCollection);
MgFeatureCommandCollection featureCommandCollection = new
MgFeatureCommandCollection();
featureCommandCollection.Add(cmd);

// execute the "add" commands
MgPropertyCollection retColl =
featureService.UpdateFeatures(resourceIdentifier, featureCommandCollection,
false);

Now, what I get is a collection of property with only one element (it'
because I've only one command I think), I'm expecting a MgInt32Property but
I get a MgStringProperty with this value:

An exception occurred in FDO component.
Cannot write to SDF file. Connection is read-only.
Exception occurred in method MgServerUpdateFeatures.UpdateFeatures at line
93 in file c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source\build_3.1
mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerUpdateFeatures.cpp

Why my data feature is read only?

Thanks a lot for every kind of reply.