[mapguide-users] Raster Provider Update - Includes Defaulted Extents

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 5 23:16:40 EST 2007

Folks,

I have made various changes to the FDO GDAL based raster provider.  The
most interesting of these is the addition of support for default raster
extents thanks to some coaching from Traian.  There are also some other
fixes that may improve performance in some situations.

I also refactored the previously mentioned mrsid and ecw plugins a bit,
and added info about their licensing.

New windows DLLs for FDO 3.2.0 (MapGuide 1.1.0) are available at:

  http://www.gdal.org/dl/mapguide

I would appreciate feedback on whether these work or not.

For those building from source, the fixes are in the 3.2.x branch, not
in 3.2.0 or 3.2.1.  I have found it is possible to build the fdogdal
provider's 3.2.x branch against FDO 3.2.0 to produce FDO 3.2.0 compatible
DLLs.

A more comprehensive version of the changes have also been made in the
FDO trunk (current development version) which also return the proper
coordinate system information.  But I deemed those changes to high risk
to retro-fit to the stable 3.2.x branch - and not especially critical.

Best regards,