[mapguide-users] How can I get and set the display-ranges of an existing Layer with the API

Armin Hirt armin at armin-hirt.de
Tue Mar 6 09:16:34 EST 2007

Hello!

I have to change the display-ranges temporarly while ma application is
running.
In the Web-Server-Extension-API I found the function
"GetLayerDefinition()" from the MGLayer-Class.
Is this the right function to have access to the display-ranges?

If yes? How can I get the values from the "MgResourceIdentifier
<cid:part1.00020209.06040708 at armin-hirt.de>"? And how do I edit them?

If it's the wrong funtion: How does it work, to get access to a layers
display-ranges?

Regards,
Armin Hirt