[mapguide-users] King.Oracle Provider Problems

Micha Lehmann paradoxe_vogelkunde at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 8 01:58:24 EST 2007

Hi there,

Jason Birch gave me the advice to post my problem here, so i´ll do this now.

I use Mapguide Studio, Mapguide Open source and King Oracle Provider to create a connection with a oracle 9.2.0.1 database.

i chose the provider with oracle instant client (Version 0.6.2), after
changing the providers.xml and putting the files into die fdo directory
i tried a connection through mapguide studio, at first a got an error
message

"ORA-12705: Cannot access NLS data files or invalid environment specified"

i tried this hint

http://www.easysoft.com/support/kb/kb00948.html

now, i´m able to make a connection (Studio shows me a successful
connection) but when i´m going to create a new layer no feature class is
available. There is a yellow triangle with an error message via tooltip.

Any suggestions ?

Micha