[mapguide-users] Set Default Zoom Scale For Point Features

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Fri Mar 9 16:42:39 EST 2007

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 06:01:43 -0800, pmarseil
<marseillep at ville.valdor.qc.ca> wrote:

> Did you ever find any solution for this problem??
>
> James Card wrote:
>>
>> When we use the built-in search command with point layers and click on
>> the zoom-to link in the search results the map zooms to the selected
>> point, but the zoom scale is set to something like 1:0.001.  For our
>> applications we typically need a zoom scale in the 1:500 to 1:100000
>> range; never below 1:10.
>>
>> I can't find any way in MapGuide Studio to specify a default or minimum
>> zoom scale, and I haven't seen any reference to this in any of the
>> documentation. Have I missed something obvious? Or is this something
>> that we'll have to code for ourselves for each application where we
>> need it?

This can be modified in viewerfiles\ajaxmappane.templ on line 307; since
minScale is a global JavaScript variable it may be possible to override
this value in your search code. I haven't yet tried to somehow inject it
through Studio, the next time I have to touch that application I may give
it a try.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.