[mapguide-users] Creating a New Feature Join between (FeatureSource and database-table)

Maciej Skorczewski maciej.skorczewski at procad.pl
Wed Mar 14 07:02:05 EDT 2007

hi all!

i have problem whit create New Feature Join - can't see label from database.

I try make New Feature Join between:

+ postgreSQL table  (id,name,id_street)

+ Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Data/RoadCenterLines.FeatureSource
(ID,NAME)

---
i try create join whit ID=id_street , so i can get new street "name"
from database .
---

i make this:

1. I create new Data Connection (i chose OGR provider) -it work corect i
use it whit PostGIS data to get shape from database.
2. ...put connection string ...test it ->Successful connection.
3. I open tab (Join whit other feature source)....

...first get table name from database
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6338/29497353xr8.jpg
...second Feature source (this is source of Roads label in Sheboygan
example)
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3623/22607262bi4.jpg

4. i create label whit source of data connection
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/70/25959333jd0.jpg

after that i can't see anything. any label...studio can get value of
this data (when i create test  expresion) ...but still can't see on map.
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1710/80628499mn1.jpg

can anybody help me? what is wrong?

maciek.