[mapguide-users] FW: [OSGeo-Announce] OSGeo Accepted for Google Summer of Code 2007

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Mar 15 13:00:03 EDT 2007

Hi all,

OSGeo has been accepted into the Google Summer of Code program as a
coordinating organisation.

MapGuide is participating and the PSC has put up a bunch of ideas here:

  http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/GoogleSoC2007

but we are of course welcoming all students ideas too.

If you are a programmer-student or know someone who is and has
familiarity our projects, please encourage them to apply.

Applications that just copy and paste our ideas will likely be rejected
out of hand, so if you are planning on applying, make sure that some
thought is put into the proposal.

While the FDO PSC didn't formally participate in this effort, I'd
imagine that if a great idea came in it would be considered :)

Jason