[mapguide-users] launching measure tool out of task pane

alucas alucas at srtec.com
Mon Mar 26 04:38:40 EDT 2007

Hello,

It's possible to clone or duplicate the built-in tool and launch it in a
specified frame or new window. I'm testing to create my invoke script tool
in the toolbar and digitize and measure the distance, something like this:

// This code in the edit box in studio 2007

mapFrame.DigitizeLine(OnLineDigitized);

// metric units
mapFrame.SetEnglishUnits(false);

// callback function
function OnLineDigitized(line)
{
    var x0 = line.Point(0).X;
    var y0 = line.Point(0).Y;

    var x1 = line.Point(1).X;
    var y1 = line.Point(1).Y;

    var d = Math.sqrt(Math.pow(x1-x0,2)+Math.pow(y1-y0,2));

    alert(d);

}