[mapguide-users] Debug JOINed feature class errors

Nico Alberti nico at langhirano.it
Wed Mar 28 12:54:42 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to extend the informations of a layer with additional data
coming from a MySQL table, but I am having trouble making things work.

I created a Data Connection to an ODBC MySQL connection to my db, and
I used it to create a new Join in the sdf data connection.

In the corresponding layer definition I can see the newly created
feature source based on the JOIN, but when I select it I get this
error "You are about to change to an incompatible data resource.
Procceed and set the layer to default?" If I click yes, I can see the
newly added data fields coming from the MySQL table in the property
list, but nothing else: the layer disappears from the preview pane,
and in the log I see something like:

Error: Failed to stylize layer: LayerDefinition1
        Null reference.
 StackTrace:
  - MgStylizationUtil.StylizeLayers line 993 file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source\build_3.1\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\StylizationUtil.cpp	Failed
to stylize layer: LayerDefinition1
Null reference.

Is it necessary that the two JOINed fields have a primary key? The one
in the MySQL table has only an UNIQUE key.

Sorry for the probably lame question, but I am stuck. Thank you in
advance for any suggestion.

--
Ciao
Nico